Do You Have a Mold Problem?

March 10, 2021 12:39 am Published by Leave your thoughts

Mold is a type of fungus that usually makes its home in high-moisture areas. This fungus creates spores that can become airborne and travel through all parts of your home. While some types of mold infestation are mild and may go unnoticed, there are others that can cause major damage to your home as well as your health.

There are several things you might notice that can signal a mold infestation in your home. If you suspect you have mold growing in your space, it’s a good idea to have mold testing performed by a professional in Aspen, CO. Mold may start small, but it can grow rather quickly and may lead to expensive damages.

Strange smells near high-moisture areas

Mold often grows in areas with high moisture, but it may appear anywhere in your home. If you discover a strange smell that you’ve never noticed before, then this could be a sign of mold. Mold will usually produce a very particular smell, which has often been described as earthy and musty.

Textured walls

There are certain textures that can appear on painted walls which might signal the presence of mold. A bubble-like texture, for example, might appear on walls in high-moisture areas if mold is present. Mold in your wall can also cause new paint to chip away.

Fuzzy spots

Mold has a certain look that you can usually identify. It can come in a variety of colors, but usually has a fuzzy or velvety appearance. Any signs of discoloration on your wall, however, may actually be caused by mold. While green is the most common color for mold, it might also appear black, purple, white, blue or pink.

Possible water damage and leaks

While water damage and leaks themselves aren’t actual signs of mold, they signal that mold could start growing. If you’ve noticed water damage in your home, it’s important to take care of the problem immediately. Mold thrives in the presence of moisture, so it’ll only be a matter of time before your small leak results in a mold infestation.

Leaks from pipes are usually quite easy to fix, particularly if you hire a professional plumber to handle the job. If you’ve decided to fix the leak yourself, be sure moisture hasn’t damaged any spots around the leak.

How mold can affect your health

Not only is toxic mold unsightly and bad for your home, but it can also do major damage to your health. Mold has been known to cause a number of symptoms, including coughing, sneezing, headache, sore throat and more. There are also more serious conditions caused by too much mold exposure, including vomiting, memory loss and even cancer.

If you are showing any of these symptoms, it’s important to see and doctor and have a mold test done on your home right away. Mold is especially dangerous to those suffering from asthma.

If you are worried about the presence of mold in your Aspen, CO home, contact HealthSafe Inspections Inc. to schedule mold testing today!

Categorised in:

This post was written by Writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *