How Common Is Indoor Mold?

January 18, 2020 12:54 am Published by Leave your thoughts

Most people are aware that mold can be a big problem for homeowners. Not only does mold damage building materials and lead to costly structural issues, but it also poses significant health risks to people who are exposed to the pollutant. Lots of homeowners assume that indoor mold in Aspen, CO isn’t a very common problem, but the reality is that indoor mold is actually far more common than many people realize. Read on to learn more about what causes indoor mold in Aspen, CO and discover just how widespread this problem is.

Indoor mold causes

There are thousands of different types of mold growing around the world, and many of those mold species thrive in indoor environments. Mold can grow on virtually any surface, from metal and wood to upholstery and paper. Mold requires moisture to grow, so indoor mold is far more common in humid regions. However, mold is still a problem for homeowners living in relatively dry climates. There are many areas indoors with high levels of humidity, including basements, kitchen cupboards and bathrooms.

Because of how versatile and resilient mold is, indoor mold in Aspen, CO is a very common problem. A lot of homeowners don’t notice mold growth until it begins spreading uncontrollably. The most common places for mold to develop are in basements, underneath cabinets, in bathrooms and in garages. Any environment that’s damp and warm enough to support fungal growth has the potential to develop mold. Across the country, millions of homeowners deal with mold growth that damages personal property and causes health complications.

Dealing with indoor mold

When it comes to indoor mold growth, vigilance is key. Even if you can’t see mold growing in your home, it has the potential to negatively impact your health by causing respiratory irritation, allergic reactions and even neurotoxicity. Mold spores are released into the air, meaning that anyone in your home has the potential to be exposed to these harmful substances, no matter where the mold is growing.

With this in mind, regular inspections are incredibly important. Walk through your home regularly and check for signs of mold growth. Check inside cupboards, in your bathroom and in the basement for any signs of fungal development. If you notice mold growth as you inspect your home, reach out to a contractor who specializes in mold testing and remediation. This professional will be able to provide more comprehensive mold testing to assess the extent of the issue and offer remediation services to get rid of mold growth.

Professional mold testing and remediation

If you have more questions about what causes indoor mold in Aspen, CO or you’re looking for professional mold remediation services, reach out to HealthSafe Inspections Inc. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with mold problems, and we are here to make the testing and remediation process as easy as possible for you. Regardless of the extent of your mold problem, our team is equipped with the expertise necessary to address the issue at its source. Give us a call to find out more about our services and to get started with a consultation.

Categorised in:

This post was written by Writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *