There are few things more annoying than suffering repeated sneezing and coughing attacks while cooking, cleaning, reading or sleeping. Suffering from allergic reactions in the home isn’t just annoying—it can have long-term adverse health effects. In-home allergens may cause lack of sleep, exacerbate asthma symptoms and result in unpleasant skin conditions. In severe cases, repeated and continuous exposure to an allergen may even result in more serious health concerns, particularly if you’re suffering from a reaction caused by mold or fungus growth.
Determining the best way to allergy-proof your home is often challenging. If you’re looking for a surefire, dependable way to remove the most allergens possible from your abode, consider talking with an expert specializing in biohazard consulting in Aspen, CO. They may be able to provide you with specialized allergen removal services related to the specific allergens affecting your home.
The most common types of allergens found in the home are mold and fungus growth, pollen and plant allergens and pet dander. Other causes may include dust mites, cockroaches and rodents.
Here are several tips you can use to keep the allergens in your home at bay:
- Keep it closed: Most allergens, particularly pollens, come from outside the house. If you suffer primarily from plant allergies, the best thing you can do is keep your windows and doors closed at all times. Be sure to check and change the filter on your home’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system regularly.
- Sleep alone: While it may be tempting to cuddle with your pets at night, this practice could be exacerbating your allergy symptoms. Sleeping with pets often causes congestion, coughing and other undesirable side effects. It’s best to have pets sleep outside of the bedroom.
- Clean regularly: Dust, pollen, pet dander and other allergens may be accumulating in your home. Be sure to clean thoroughly and regularly, using a vacuum cleaner with a high-quality, allergen-removing filter.
- Remove mold: Mold is a serious allergen than can be toxic, depending on the type of mold growing in your home. If there’s lots of mold growing in your home, you should call a company specializing in biohazard consulting in Aspen, CO to come and assist you with its removal.
- Install a better HVAC filter: The HVAC filters used in your home may not be sufficiently filtering out allergens. If you believe this to be the case, you should install a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter that will remove all trace allergens from the air.
For more than a decade, HealthSafe Inspections Inc. has been a trusted provider of biohazard consulting in Aspen, CO. We specialize in providing our clients with safe and effective allergen remediation services. If you’re looking for a dependable, high-quality service provider to remove symptom-causing allergens from your space, look no further than HealthSafe Inspections Inc. We’re proud to provide each and every one of our clients with specialized services that meet their individualized needs. Contact us today to learn more about our testing and remediation services.
Categorised in: Biohazard Consulting
This post was written by Writer