Household mold is a common substance that affects damp and dark areas of homes. Mold can cause significant damage to both the structural and aesthetic integrity of your home, and also poses a substantial health risk to yourself and any children or loved ones with whom you share your abode. Knowing how to identify the type of mold growing in your home can help you determine the level of threat it poses to you and your home. You should always rely on professional help for mold testing in Aspen, CO.
While some mold varieties do not immediately and directly impact human health, others can cause severe reactions after even limited amounts of exposure. Common reactions experienced after toxic mold exposure include sore throats, skin irritation, headaches and watering eyes. Mold-induced infections can result in serious respiratory problems, including pulmonary bleeding. Neurotoxic mold can induce states of psychiatric abnormality, ranging from advanced irritability to paranoia and hallucinations.
If you are experiencing a mold problem in your home, you should reach out to a company specializing in mold testing in Aspen, CO. Here are just some of the most common mold types, and how you can address them:
- Acremonium: This mold type commonly grows in air conditioning vents, humidifiers and window sealants. Acremonium is a toxic mold type that changes in appearance as it spreads and develops, and can be a wide variety of colors.
- Alternaria: This is the most common type of allergenic molds found in the U.S. While it does not produce its own toxins, it can spur allergic reactions, especially in sensitive individuals. It’s commonly found in bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Cladosporium: This allergenic mold is known for growing in carpeting and furniture upholstery. Unlike most other types of mold, Cladosporium is capable of growing in both warm and cold environments.
- Penicillin: Penicillin most typically grows in homes that have experienced water damage in the past. It can grow in carpeting, on walls and even in mattresses. It’s known for its ability to easily spread to food sources. It’s recognizable by its distinctive blue coloring.
- Stachybotrys: More commonly called black mold, Stachybotrys is a highly toxic type of mold that grows in environments with sustained dampness for weeks on end. It causes pulmonary reactions, depression and other neurological conditions.
- Mucor: This mold type thrives near HVAC systems, and grows up quickly in thick white or grey patches. Mucor is notoriously bad for asthma sufferers, and it is also known for causing flu-like symptoms.
Since 2005, HealthSafe Inspections Inc. has been providing its clients with dependable mold testing in Aspen, CO. You can count on our knowledgeable and dedicated mold remediation professionals to identify and remove the mold plaguing your home, regardless of its type. Our knowledgeable and professional teams are some of the region’s foremost mold removal experts, and we are proud to offer an extensive array of property testing services in addition to our mold identification options. If your home is suffering from a mold infestation, you should reach out to one of our helpful representatives today!
Categorised in: Mold
This post was written by Writer