The Necessary Steps for Mold Remediation in Aspen, COFebruary 16, 2017 2:24 am Leave your thoughts
Mold isn’t just unsightly and gross; moldy areas in your home or office can also cause serious health problems. In large amounts, mold can potentially lead to allergic reactions and breathing issues. Another problem is that it can spread really quickly if it’s not treated, and it’s usually not spreading in plain sight. If you have mold, it’s usually hiding in hard-to-reach areas like behind walls, under your floorboards or in your HVAC system. Here are the steps we take for mold remediation in Aspen, CO:
- Call your insurance provider: Before we begin our mold remediation process, you need to contact your homeowner’s insurance provider to let them know you’re going to need mold remediation. Depending on the severity, fixing a mold issue can cost thousands of dollars. To ensure you’re not paying for that out of pocket, you’ll want to file an insurance claim.
- Call us: After you’ve established that you have a problem and you’ve let your insurance provider know about it, call HealthSafe Inspections, Inc. We’ll come out as quickly as possible to get to work on mold remediation in Aspen, CO.
After you’ve contacted us, we’ll take care of the rest! Here are the steps we’ll take to fix your mold problem:
- Repair the water problem: Mold growth often results from a leaking pipe, bathtub or sink. If this is the case, we’ll work on stopping that leak so there isn’t further water damage.
- Isolate the area: As mentioned above, mold can spread quickly. Spores that get into the air basically have freedom to move throughout your home. To prevent them from getting all over the house, we’ll isolate the contaminated room or area.
- Remove wet stuff: Everything that’s wet or damp in the area needs to be removed from the room. This includes furniture, rugs and carpeting and even pieces of the walls. This is a big task, which is why we recommend calling us to handle it for you.
- Ensure proper disposal: Since mold is dangerous stuff, the items we take out of the room can’t just be tossed in the garbage can. Rest assured that we’ll properly dispose of everything that was subjected to mold.
- Clean the area: After everything has been removed, we’ll come in and thoroughly clean the affected area. We use powerful cleaning supplies to kill the mold, and then apply solutions to ensure that it doesn’t grow back.
- Dry the area: After we’ve cleaned the entire area the mold was in and sprayed it with solution to prevent further growth, we’ll bring in powerful fans and heaters to completely get rid of all the excess moisture. Since mold can only grow where there’s moisture, we ensure everything is dry before the job is done.
- Check for any additional mold: After we’ve completed the previous steps, we’ll come back in to the room and spot check for any growth that we could have missed. If we notice more mold, we’ll have to repeat the above steps.
No matter how big or small the problem seems, if you notice mold growing in your home, call HealthSafe Inspections, Inc. for mold remediation in Aspen, CO as soon as you’ve spoken with your insurance provider. Our removal experts will take care of the problem as soon as possible, and ensure that the mold doesn’t come back anytime soon.
Categorised in: Mold
This post was written by Writer