When mold testing in Aspen, CO, it’s important to remember that there are a variety of different ways to collect samples. In most conversations, people simply say, “We have mold,” without a further explanation. Although this may be accurate, there are a variety of different types of molds that each need to be treated in their own way. Looking at all molds in the same way can be a major mistake that makes a remediation project much harder than it needs to be.
To find the exact type of mold present in your home, a variety of different testing methods can be considered. Each type has its own benefit and serves as the first step towards tackling this pesky fungus. Here are some examples of the most effective methods for cracking the code to determine which mold has infiltrated your home:
- Swab surface testing: With a cotton swab in hand and a flick of the wrist, you can get details on any mold visible to the eye. It’s important to wear gloves during this process to make sure nothing interferes with the eventual lab tests. This is one of the quickest methods practiced.
- Air samples: Just because you can’t see the mold doesn’t mean it’s not there. Testing the amount of mold spores in the air helps determine how big of a problem you potentially have. Once the density is established, the type of spores can be identified to find the best solution to the problem.
- The tape-lift: The adhesive qualities of tape aren’t meant just for gift-wrapping. How this one works is pretty easy to conclude on your own. By simply applying a piece of tape to the surface impacted by mold, you are able to pick up spores for further testing. Tape is a beautiful thing.
- Grab some dust: Dust is an interesting collection of ingredients that often offer signs on the environment of its surroundings. With everything from carpet to upholstery, testing the dust of a potentially mold-infected area can lead you to the type of spores impacting the area. Although spring cleaning is always recommended, snagging a couple dust bunnies can help create the best plan for tackling mold.
- Bulk test: When mold testing in Aspen, CO, sometimes the best method is the most obvious one. If there is a piece of drywall or an area of carpet with obvious mold, simply cut it out. Bringing in the physical object impacted by mold provides the most direct route to identifying the fung Once in the laboratory, the type of mold and the severity can be determined from this direct sample.
No matter which way you look at it, just calling something “mold” is never enough when it comes to sorting out the best plan of attack. Each type of mold has unique strategies for remediation that often require lab testing to find the solution. HealthSafe Inspections Inc. has over two decades of experience tackling contamination issues and every certification you can imagine. There isn’t a mold HealthSafe Inspections Inc. hasn’t seen! Identifying the type of mold you are dealing with from the start is the best first step you can take towards getting rid of it. Get in touch with us today to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Mold
This post was written by Writer